Google Street View has become a normal tool for exploring the world we live in. However, it’s important to be aware that this technology also comes with a certain level of unwanted visibility. Everything you can see on Google Street […]
Google Street View has become a normal tool for exploring the world we live in. However, it’s important to be aware that this technology also comes with a certain level of unwanted visibility. Everything you can see on Google Street View can also be seen by anyone on the planet who has internet access and Google Maps.
Does this potential for intrusion bother you? If your answer is “yes,” we have a solution for you on how to prevent digital onlookers from seeing your home.
How to Hide Your Home on Google Street View
1. Open Google Maps on your browser or app.
2. Find your address and open the Street View mode.
3. Next to your address, click on the three dots.
4. Select the “Report a problem” option.
5. Mark the area of the image you want to be blurred.
6. Confirm that you want to hide your home by selecting the “My home” option.
7. Verify that you are the owner or occupant of the property.
8. Provide any additional information that can help Google identify the correct property.
9. Enter your email address.
10. Confirm that you’re not a robot.
11. Click the “Submit” button.
Please note that this decision is not reversible. If Google accepts your request for blurring, it will be permanent, and neither you nor anyone else will be able to see your home on Street View.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ)
1. Who can see my home on Google Street View?
Anything that is visible on Google Street View can be seen by anyone on the planet with internet access and Google Maps.
2. Can I change my blurring request after it has been accepted by Google?
Unfortunately, the decision you make after Google accepts your request is not reversible. Your home will remain permanently blurred on Street View.
3. Is this process free?
Yes, the process of hiding your home on Google Street View is free.